'The Three Stooges' Finds Larry in Sean Hayes
One by one, the key roles of "The Three Stooges" will be filled. After Will Sasso is booked to portray Curly, Sean Hayes is cast as another Stooges. Deadline reports the "30 Rock" star has been tapped to play Larry in the upcoming film.
According to the site, Sean "has physical comedy chops and showed during readings that he had the ability to play a lovable simpleton, something that amateur boxer-turned-punching bag Larry Fine did so well." The 40-year-old actor is best known for his portrayal of Jack McFarland on "Will & Grace".
With Will and Sean signing up for the project, 20th Century Fox is moving on to find an actor to portray Moe. Benicio del Toro once was expected to take the role when the movie was still set up at MGM, and Johnny Knoxville was mentioned for the part earlier this year.
Bobby and Peter Farrelly are writing the script of "The Three Stooges", and on board to direct it. They reportedly are planning to kick off principal photography in mid-April.
The movie is not a biopic. "Our goal is 85 minutes of laughs in a film that will be very respectful of who the Stooges were," Peter said previously. "There will be non-stop slapping, more in the tone of Dumb and Dumber than anything else we've done."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing