'The Three Stooges' Finds Larry in Sean Hayes
One by one, the key roles of "The Three Stooges" will be filled. After Will Sasso is booked to portray Curly, Sean Hayes is cast as another Stooges. Deadline reports the "30 Rock" star has been tapped to play Larry in the upcoming film.
According to the site, Sean "has physical comedy chops and showed during readings that he had the ability to play a lovable simpleton, something that amateur boxer-turned-punching bag Larry Fine did so well." The 40-year-old actor is best known for his portrayal of Jack McFarland on "Will & Grace".
With Will and Sean signing up for the project, 20th Century Fox is moving on to find an actor to portray Moe. Benicio del Toro once was expected to take the role when the movie was still set up at MGM, and Johnny Knoxville was mentioned for the part earlier this year.
Bobby and Peter Farrelly are writing the script of "The Three Stooges", and on board to direct it. They reportedly are planning to kick off principal photography in mid-April.
The movie is not a biopic. "Our goal is 85 minutes of laughs in a film that will be very respectful of who the Stooges were," Peter said previously. "There will be non-stop slapping, more in the tone of Dumb and Dumber than anything else we've done."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny