Video: Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Fall on 'DWTS' Stage
The April 4 episode of "Dancing with the Stars" witnessed Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy's fall on the stage. The professional dancer fell back in the opening second of their rumba to "Over the Rainbow", taking Kirstie along for the ride. Maksim soon got up and continued dancing although he looked holding back pain for a while.
After the performance, Maksim admitted, "My thigh just gave out. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. It has nothing to do with her." The judges did not underrate the overall dance based on the fall as Carrie Ann Inaba said, "Sometimes tragedy leads to an amazingly beautiful moment."
Len Goodman stated, "It's about overcoming adversities You've overcome it. You got up and dusted yourself off." Bruno Tonioli added, "You can't keep good talent down. Once you got up it was better than ever."
Kirstie was not disappointed by her partner as well despite the mishap, saying after the show, "It was sweet. He just looked at me and said, 'Let's keep dancing.' " The actress additionally told E! Online, "And I thought, 'I like that.' I have the best partner!"
Kirstie and Maksim got 21 out of 30 that night. Hines Ward, who danced along with Kym Johnson, and Petra Nemcova, who is partnered with Dmitry Chaplin, got 25 each. The lowest scorer was Wendy Williams with 15. The eliminated one will be revealed on the result show Tuesday, April 5.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other