Video: Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Fall on 'DWTS' Stage
The April 4 episode of "Dancing with the Stars" witnessed Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy's fall on the stage. The professional dancer fell back in the opening second of their rumba to "Over the Rainbow", taking Kirstie along for the ride. Maksim soon got up and continued dancing although he looked holding back pain for a while.
After the performance, Maksim admitted, "My thigh just gave out. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. It has nothing to do with her." The judges did not underrate the overall dance based on the fall as Carrie Ann Inaba said, "Sometimes tragedy leads to an amazingly beautiful moment."
Len Goodman stated, "It's about overcoming adversities You've overcome it. You got up and dusted yourself off." Bruno Tonioli added, "You can't keep good talent down. Once you got up it was better than ever."
Kirstie was not disappointed by her partner as well despite the mishap, saying after the show, "It was sweet. He just looked at me and said, 'Let's keep dancing.' " The actress additionally told E! Online, "And I thought, 'I like that.' I have the best partner!"
Kirstie and Maksim got 21 out of 30 that night. Hines Ward, who danced along with Kym Johnson, and Petra Nemcova, who is partnered with Dmitry Chaplin, got 25 each. The lowest scorer was Wendy Williams with 15. The eliminated one will be revealed on the result show Tuesday, April 5.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip