'Monsters University' Gets New Release Date and Logo
"Monsters University" has got a new release date. Initially scheduled to grace theaters nationwide on November 2, 2012, the animated film now is slated to make its way out on June 21, 2013. Its former date will be taken over by "Reboot Ralph", which was originally due March 12, 2013.
In addition to the new date, a logo for the "Monsters, Inc." prequel has also been released. The logo for the Dan Scanlon-directed film is featured in black-and-white. It is released via The Pixar Blog, and was registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office on March 24.
The upcoming movie centers on Mike and Sulley who attend a university. Although they are seen best friends in "Monsters, Inc.", their friendship did not start out so strong as the two initially were not that fond of each other.
The film will have John Goodman provide the voice for Sulley, the big blue beast. Billy Crystal who voiced Mike, the eyeball-like creature with legs, in the first film will still handle the job in the follow-up. Meanwhile, John Lasseter and Kori Rae will serve as the producers.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event