Jaden and Will Smith to Star in Shyamalan's New Sci-Fi
After playing together in "The Pursuit of Happyness", Jaden Smith will team up again with his father Will Smith in a new film. On Monday, April 4, Sony Pictures has announced that the Smiths will star in new M. Night Shyamalan movie, which is written by Shyamalan and Gary Whitta.
Sharing his thought about the film, Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, said, "Night is an outstanding filmmaker who has a tremendous vision for this science-fiction adventure story and we couldn't be more excited to be working again with Jaden after our experiences on 'The Pursuit of Happyness' and 'The Karate Kid'."
"We're thrilled to have the two of them together on this project," he went on. In the press release, Shyamalan, who previously directed "The Last Airbender", added, "The chance to make a scary, science-fiction film starring Jaden and Will is my dream project."
Although the studio refers to the movie as "an untitled sci-fi adventure" film, Shyamalan once called it "One Thousand A.E." in October 2010. The forthcoming movie is set one thousand years into the future, when Earth has been abandoned. It centers on a young boy and his father who explore the now empty and frightening planet after their spacecraft crashes.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist