Jaden and Will Smith to Star in Shyamalan's New Sci-Fi
After playing together in "The Pursuit of Happyness", Jaden Smith will team up again with his father Will Smith in a new film. On Monday, April 4, Sony Pictures has announced that the Smiths will star in new M. Night Shyamalan movie, which is written by Shyamalan and Gary Whitta.
Sharing his thought about the film, Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, said, "Night is an outstanding filmmaker who has a tremendous vision for this science-fiction adventure story and we couldn't be more excited to be working again with Jaden after our experiences on 'The Pursuit of Happyness' and 'The Karate Kid'."
"We're thrilled to have the two of them together on this project," he went on. In the press release, Shyamalan, who previously directed "The Last Airbender", added, "The chance to make a scary, science-fiction film starring Jaden and Will is my dream project."
Although the studio refers to the movie as "an untitled sci-fi adventure" film, Shyamalan once called it "One Thousand A.E." in October 2010. The forthcoming movie is set one thousand years into the future, when Earth has been abandoned. It centers on a young boy and his father who explore the now empty and frightening planet after their spacecraft crashes.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?