'Dancing with the Stars' Week 3 Recap: Hines Ward and Petra Nemcova Impress Judges
"Dancing with the Stars" enters the third week and some have shown progress. Hines Ward, who got 23 in the second week, gets positive reviews from the judges for his samba. Len Goodman exclaims, "Your mother's proud of you, and I'll tell you what, I'm proud of you," and Carrie Ann Inaba says, "You're dancing the samba, like you've been dancing your whole life." He earns 25 out of 30.
Petra Nemcova also wows the judges with her waltz. Bruno Toli gushes, "You are like a vision from heaven, and you danced like an angel." Len says, "It had grace, it had elegance, it had fluid movement. This is my favorite season! For me, at this moment, you're the one. That was brilliant!"
Kirstie Alley and Ralph Macchio, who have been talks of the town in previous weeks, earn 21 each for their rumba. Len thinks the dancing partner of Maksim Chmerkovskiy "overcame it," while Carrie calls what Ralph does is "a very sweet rumba." Another contestant who dances rumba, Chris Jericho, also scores 21.
Chelsea Staub, who recently changed her name into Chelsea Kane, and Kendra Wilkinson do well, too, earning 23 each. The former dances cha-cha-cha with Mark Ballas which Len thinks is her "best dance" so far. Bruno and Carrie love it as well, but Carrie gives her advice to "work a little bit more on your hip action..." Kendra shows an improvement with rumba, which Carrie says, "Hot, hot, hot."
Lil' Romeo and Sugar Ray Leonard score 20 each. Though Romeo's leg placement is not quite right, the judges respect they way he puts his "heart and soul into" his rumba. Sugar Ray who dances paso doble receives similar comments as Len says, "You've come out tonight stronger, and you've fought back."
Meanwhile, Wendy Williams is likely to face the bottom three again. Her foxtrot with Tony Dovolani only scores 15. Len says, "You must have worked extremely hard, but, to be honest, it was a struggle. It was a dance more suited to the radio." Carrie adds, "I do feel that this week we took a little step backwards and I don't know why."
One contestant will be eliminated during the result show aired on Tuesday, April 5.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart