Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth Officially Cast in 'The Hunger Games'
Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth are officially tapped to star in "The Hunger Games". After rumors went viral that the two actors will take roles in the forthcoming movie, Lionsgate has confirmed on Monday, April 4, that Hutcherson and Hemsworth join the cast ensemble for the thriller movie.
In a press release, Lionsgate announced that the actor of "The Kids Are All Right" will play Peeta Mellark who accompanies Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Everdeen as the district's entry into the Hunger Games competition. Meanwhile, heartthrob Hemsworth will take the role of Gale Hawthorne, the hunting partner of Everdeen.
Previously, other actors that joined the audition for the role of Mellark allegedly included Lucas Till and Alexander Ludwig. Meanwhile, actors like David Henrie and Robbie Amell were reported to have joined audition to play Hawthorne.
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Gary Ross will serve behind the lens for the project, while Suzanne Collins will serve as the screenwriter. Meanwhile, Nina Jacobson serves as the producer for the big screen version of Suzanne Collins' book. The film is slated to hit theaters nationwide on March 23, 2012.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'