Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth Officially Cast in 'The Hunger Games'
Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth are officially tapped to star in "The Hunger Games". After rumors went viral that the two actors will take roles in the forthcoming movie, Lionsgate has confirmed on Monday, April 4, that Hutcherson and Hemsworth join the cast ensemble for the thriller movie.
In a press release, Lionsgate announced that the actor of "The Kids Are All Right" will play Peeta Mellark who accompanies Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Everdeen as the district's entry into the Hunger Games competition. Meanwhile, heartthrob Hemsworth will take the role of Gale Hawthorne, the hunting partner of Everdeen.
Previously, other actors that joined the audition for the role of Mellark allegedly included Lucas Till and Alexander Ludwig. Meanwhile, actors like David Henrie and Robbie Amell were reported to have joined audition to play Hawthorne.
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Gary Ross will serve behind the lens for the project, while Suzanne Collins will serve as the screenwriter. Meanwhile, Nina Jacobson serves as the producer for the big screen version of Suzanne Collins' book. The film is slated to hit theaters nationwide on March 23, 2012.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked