2011 ACM Awards: Taylor Swift's 'Mean' Performance
Taylor Swift has chosen to perform "Mean" at the live telecast of the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 3. The 21-year-old country music cutie strummed a banjo and performed the song in a classic "Prairie Home Companion" set.
"I can see you years from now in a bar/ Talking over a football game," she sings. "With that same big loud opinion but, Nobody's listening/ Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things/ Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing."
At the end of the awards show, Swift was called to return to the stage and collect her prize for Entertainer of the Year. "This is the first time that I've ever won this and I'm just losing my mind," she said. "The fact that this is from the fans makes it so beautiful. We just got back from Asia and Europe on tour. Thank you for this wonderful welcome home gift, and thanks for not forgetting about me. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me ever."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!