2011 ACM Awards: Taylor Swift's 'Mean' Performance
Taylor Swift has chosen to perform "Mean" at the live telecast of the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 3. The 21-year-old country music cutie strummed a banjo and performed the song in a classic "Prairie Home Companion" set.
"I can see you years from now in a bar/ Talking over a football game," she sings. "With that same big loud opinion but, Nobody's listening/ Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things/ Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing."
At the end of the awards show, Swift was called to return to the stage and collect her prize for Entertainer of the Year. "This is the first time that I've ever won this and I'm just losing my mind," she said. "The fact that this is from the fans makes it so beautiful. We just got back from Asia and Europe on tour. Thank you for this wonderful welcome home gift, and thanks for not forgetting about me. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me ever."
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together