2011 ACM Awards: Taylor Swift's 'Mean' Performance
Taylor Swift has chosen to perform "Mean" at the live telecast of the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 3. The 21-year-old country music cutie strummed a banjo and performed the song in a classic "Prairie Home Companion" set.
"I can see you years from now in a bar/ Talking over a football game," she sings. "With that same big loud opinion but, Nobody's listening/ Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things/ Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing."
At the end of the awards show, Swift was called to return to the stage and collect her prize for Entertainer of the Year. "This is the first time that I've ever won this and I'm just losing my mind," she said. "The fact that this is from the fans makes it so beautiful. We just got back from Asia and Europe on tour. Thank you for this wonderful welcome home gift, and thanks for not forgetting about me. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me ever."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly