Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
Selena Gomez was one of the girls in "Barney and Friends" and a few years later she is Justin Bieber's girl. But the 18-year-old did not craft her fame from being the pop star's girlfriend. She has been one of the biggest teen stars to graduate from Disney and take over the entertainment world with her talent in acting and singing.
Gomez, whose film "Monte Carlo" will be released later this year, is in the middle of promoting her second studio album with The Scene. Fronted by the single "Who Says", the not-yet-titled album is expected to be released on June 28 in the U.S. And it looks like, the path has been paved well.
"Who Says" debuted at number 24 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and 17 on the Canadian Hot 100, making it the band's biggest debut as of March 2011. Gomez also has another strong single in line written by Pixie Lott. "It's basically about living in the moment; it's about enjoying right now. I'm very much enjoying right now. I'm in a good place," she said.
Gomez would be hands-full this year for not only her movie and album are coming out but also a new summer collection from her Dream Out Loud clothing. Not to miss out is her involvement in UNICEF as its ambassador who is now campaigning for clean water in underprivileged countries.
More Selena Gomez News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber