Booed in Detroit, Charlie Sheen Revamps Live Show for Chicago
Unwilling to get the same outcome as his debut performance in Detroit, Charlie Sheen revamped his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option" live show. Early reports from Chicago claimed that the former star of "Two and a Half Men" has made changes to his second performance.
Taking the stage inside the Chicago Theatre on Sunday night, April 3, Charlie was greeted with a standing ovation, cheering and whistling. Presenting fewer video clips, he skipped his comedian stand-up act that bombed in Detroit. In place of the things he cut, the 45-year-old actor did a Q&A segment with an interviewer.
In the Q&A segment, Charlie opened up about marriages, career and life with his "goddesses". Questioned how many times he had been married, he joked, "Seven-thousand. That's why I'm broke." As for his "goddesses", he said, "They have not disallowed me everything that makes me happy. Period. The end."
TMZ reported that early in the show, Charlie read a poem about how much he hates Detroit. The Washington Post added that he also urged the audience "not to become (expletive) Detroit tonight." He added, "Let's show Detroit how it's (expletive) done," leading some audience members to chant, "Detroit sucks".
On Saturday night, April 2, Charlie kicked off his 20-city variety show tour at the Fox Theater in Detroit in front of an estimated audience of 5,000 people. Like in Chicago, he was first greeted with thunderous applause. The mood inside the theater, however, was quick turned to sour as the audience began to boo him.
Negative reviews then came following. Entertainment Weekly wrote, "The padded and disjointed show was a hodgepodge of video clips and Sheen-isms that felt hastily assembled and misjudged the patience of even the hardest of hardcore fans." The Hollywood Reporter similarly panned the show, writing, "[T]his thrown-together, insanely self-indulgent showcase merely reveals someone far more sad and delusional."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick