2011 ACM Awards: Full Winner List Adds Sugarland and Taylor Swift
More winners are revealed at the live telecast of the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday, April 3. Sugarland win Top Vocal Duo of the Year, beating The JaneDear Girls, Joey and Rory, Montgomery Gentry and Steel Magnolia. This marks the fourth year in a row they get the title.
Afterwards, Brad Paisley is given Top Male Vocalist of the Year, pushing aside Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, George Strait and Keith Urban. "I'm so grateful to the fans of country music who gave me the chance to do this for a living," he said. "I don't know who got paid ... I'm just kidding, it's all very fair!" He won the honor for the third year in a row.
Miranda Lambert adds another ACM trophy to her collection. Near the end of the show, she is honored as Top Female Vocalist of the Year, winning over Reba McEntire, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and Lee Ann Womack. "I feel so blessed and so humbled," she reportedly said, overwhelmed by the honor. "I thank God for giving me the blessing of living my dream. I love country music fans!"
Before the Reba-hosted event is finally closed, Swift is handed Entertainer of the Year, by Ryan Seacrest. Losing to Top Female Vocalist to Lambert, she later tops Blake Shelton's fiancee as well as such seniors as Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley and Keith Urban in winning the top honor. She said fans are the "best thing that's ever happened" to her.
The other winner of the ACM Awards is Zac Brown Band. The band's "As She's Walking Away" which featured Alan Jackson is named Vocal Event of the Year. They beat Emily West ft. Keith Urban ("Blue Sky"), Loretta Lynn, Sheryl Crow and Lambert ("Coal Miner's Daughter"), Colt Ford ft. Jamey Johnson ("Cold Beer"), and Uncle Kracker ft. Kid Rock ("Good to Be Me").
- Entertainer of the Year: Taylor Swift
- Top Male Vocalist of the Year: Brad Paisley
- Top Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Top Vocal Duo of the Year: Sugarland
- Top Vocal Group of the Year: Lady Antebellum
- Top New Solo Vocalist of the Year: Eric Church
- Top New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year: The Band Perry
- Top New Artist: The Band Perry
- Album of the Year: "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
- Single Record of the Year: "The House That Built Us" - Miranda Lambert
- Song of the Year: "The House That Built Us" - Miranda Lambert
- Video of the Year: "The House That Built Me" - Miranda Lambert
- Vocal Event of the Year: "As She's Walking Away" - Zac Brown Band ft. Alan Jackson
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover