2011 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert and Lady Antebellum Lead Early Winners
The 46th Annual Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards airs live from Las Vegas on April 3. The first trophy of the Sunday evening, Song of the Year, was announced almost an hour after the shows kicked off. It goes to the writers behind Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Us".
The second award is Top New Artist which saw Top New Solo Vocalist of the Year winner Eric Church battling Top New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year winner The Band Perry. The title is finally handed to Band Perry, and they accepted it right after they performed "If I Die Young".
Next, Lambert's "House That Built Me" is once again called out as a winner. This time around, it's named Single Record of the Year. Prior to the star-studded gala, music video for the single was revealed as the recipient of Video of the Year title.
Lady Antebellum won Album of the Year for their effort "Need You Now". "Thank you, Miranda Lambert, for winning this last year and not being in the category this year!" Charles Kelley jokingly said upon accepting the trophy with his bandmates.
Later on after Sara Evans' performance, they returned to the stage to collect Top Vocal Group gong. The country music trio thanked friends, family, colleagues and all the artists who had them as opening acts on the road .
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up