'Idol' Outcast Thia and Naima 'Intimidated' by Female Audience
It becomes more and more likely that "American Idol" this season has a slimmer chance to crown a female contestant. As apparent from this week's double elimination of Thia Megia and Naima Adedapo, contestants begin to question the kind of audience who watch the show and cast their votes. Thia and Naima believe they are dominated by young girls voting for the guys.
"We sort of figured since there were more females watching this show the votes were going to be more for the guys," Megia said during a conference call with reporters. However, it doesn't mean that Megia overlooks the guys' talent. She called them "incredible" but the female contestants were "a bit intimidated by all the girls watching the show and knowing that their votes are going to be going for guys."
In line with Megia's comments, Adedapo laid out the facts, saying "When it comes down to it, the reality is that more than 50 percent of the audience is little teenage girls. When they get a crush ...then we're done." In defense of her elimination, the former toilet cleaner said, "Sometimes people just didn't know where to place me."
The last three seasons of "Idol" indeed were won by guys. In exception of Casey Abrams, who was saved by the judges last week, the tenth season has axed Ashthon Jones and Karen Rodriguez in addition to Megia and Adedapo.
More American Idol News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones