New 'Green Lantern' Footage Revealed at CinemaCon
Four "Green Lantern" clips have been screened during CinemaCon on Friday, April 1. After the first trailer did not receive positive responds from fans, Warner Bros. has revealed 10 minutes of footage from the Martin Campbell-directed film.
The first clip sees Abin-Sur talking to Sinestro. While Sinestro tells him about a planet destroyed by Parallax, Abin-Sur is attacked by the enemy which is shown as a creature with a large yellow head and sharp teeth. Abin-Sur is suffered from injury and escapes in a pod. Unfortunately, he crashes lands on Earth.
The second video features dying Abin-Sur and his spaceship in the water. Hal Jordan comes and tries to save the alien by pulling him out of the ship. Later, he is recruited as the replacement of Abin-Sur by receiving his ring, and is told to use the ring with the lantern in Abin-Sur's spaceship.
On the third clip, Jordan is seen taking the lantern and the ring home. He puts on the ring and recites the Green Lantern oath. After he recites the oath, he is transported to Oa, where he lands in full Green Lantern costume. In the fantasy land, Jordan talks to Tomar-Re. Surprised by the fact that he can understand what Tomar-Re talk about, Jordan is then told that the ring can translate the language and also create a mask to protect his identity.
The fourth video follows Sinestro who is communicating with the members of the Green Lantern Corps in the core of Oa. In the gathering, Sinestro, which later becomes Jordan's mentor, warns the brotherhood about Parallax.
The superhero film has Ryan Reynolds star as Jordan, the main human character. In the meantime, Blake Lively stars as Carol Ferris, a long-time love interest of Jordan. Other stars playing for the project are the likes of Mark Strong, Temuera Morrison, Peter Sarsgaard, Jon Tenney, and Angela Bassett. Geoffrey Rush serves as the voice cast for Tomar-Re.
The movie adapted from D.C. Comics revolves around Hal Jordan, an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. As a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the universe, the fate of Earth lies in Hal's hands.
The upcoming movie is written by Michael Goldenberg, Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Michael Green. At the same time, Donald De Line and Andrew Haas serve as the producers for the film, which will hit theaters nationwide on June 17.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers