Honored With Walk of Fame Star, Penelope Cruz Thanks Johnny Depp
Penelope Cruz has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, April 1. Being the first Spanish actress to earn the honor, the "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" actress was presented with the 2,436th star in a ceremony held outside the El Capitan Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard.
Having just given birth to her first son in January, the 36-year-old beauty flaunted her post-baby figure when she came to the ceremony attended also by husband Javier Bardem and co-star Johnny Depp. She showed off her curves in a mauve lace fitted dress by L'Wren Scott, let loose her brown hair and completed her look with a pair of sky-high Christian Louboutins.
In her speech during the unveiling ceremony, Penelope personally thanked co-star Johnny for teaching her English. "I want to thank the man with the hat," she said as referring to her "Blow" co-star. "Let me tell you about the man with the hat. I came to Los Angeles for the first time in 1994, I spoke no English."
"I only knew how to say two things, two sentences. One was, 'How are you?', the other one was, 'I want to work with Johnny Depp. In the last 10 years I have worked with him twice and that has improved my English, so now I know how to say, 'I want to work with Johnny Depp again!' Thank you Johnny for your friendship, your friendship, your talent, you are such an inspiration to so many of us, always."
The Oscar winner also thanked "Pirates of the Caribbean" director Rob Marshall for his introduction and her parents, siblings, husband and newborn son "for making me happy every day." To the crowd, she additionally shared, "Every time I look at that star, I will see the names of all the people that have helped me make many of my dreams a reality."
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince