David Cook's New Single 'Last Goodbye' to Arrive in April
David Cook is gearing up to release the first single from his upcoming second studio album. The 2008 winner of "American Idol" revealed that he's going to drop the fresh material titled "The Last Goodbye" on April 19. He gushed, "Can't wait for you guys to hear it!"
The official announcement won't be made until Friday, April 1, but Cook couldn't wait any longer to share it with his devotees so he posted the news on his Twitter. "The official press release is supposed to come out tomorrow, but I'm impatient, so let me be the first to tell you...," he wrote.
The album itself hasn't got any working title and release date. It has producer Matt Serletic (Rob Thomas, Matchbox 20, Collective Soul), and songwriter OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder helping Cook shape it up. Two new songs, "Goodbye to the Girl" and "Paper Heart", were previously previewed in an album teaser.
When visited by Entertainment Tonight on studio, he said, "This record was the most difficult, but I think the most gratifying record I've made to date," before adding "nothing good is ever easy." Talking more about the CD, he said it reflects the ups and downs of his life and admitted some of them came from "a bit of a darker place."
"I just wrote about life - and life's not always easy, it's not always fun. But I think those real moments are hopefully what's going to shine through. I want my fans to feel like when they listen to this record that I'm being honest with them."
Beside working on the new album, David Cook has also hit studio to cover Simple Minds' 1985 smash hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)". It serves as 2011 farewell song for "Idol" and has been offered as a free download for those who pre-order his forthcoming album beginning March 3.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'