David Cook's New Single 'Last Goodbye' to Arrive in April
David Cook is gearing up to release the first single from his upcoming second studio album. The 2008 winner of "American Idol" revealed that he's going to drop the fresh material titled "The Last Goodbye" on April 19. He gushed, "Can't wait for you guys to hear it!"
The official announcement won't be made until Friday, April 1, but Cook couldn't wait any longer to share it with his devotees so he posted the news on his Twitter. "The official press release is supposed to come out tomorrow, but I'm impatient, so let me be the first to tell you...," he wrote.
The album itself hasn't got any working title and release date. It has producer Matt Serletic (Rob Thomas, Matchbox 20, Collective Soul), and songwriter OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder helping Cook shape it up. Two new songs, "Goodbye to the Girl" and "Paper Heart", were previously previewed in an album teaser.
When visited by Entertainment Tonight on studio, he said, "This record was the most difficult, but I think the most gratifying record I've made to date," before adding "nothing good is ever easy." Talking more about the CD, he said it reflects the ups and downs of his life and admitted some of them came from "a bit of a darker place."
"I just wrote about life - and life's not always easy, it's not always fun. But I think those real moments are hopefully what's going to shine through. I want my fans to feel like when they listen to this record that I'm being honest with them."
Beside working on the new album, David Cook has also hit studio to cover Simple Minds' 1985 smash hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)". It serves as 2011 farewell song for "Idol" and has been offered as a free download for those who pre-order his forthcoming album beginning March 3.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal