Creator Says 'Mad Men' Will End in Season 7
"Mad Men" will likely not last longer than seven seasons. After some tough negotiations, Matthew Weiner has finally signed a new 3-year deal with AMC/Lionsgate to work on the drama series, and he hints it will also be the end of the show.
"These will be the last 3 seasons", Weiner tells Deadline. "I'm going to take it one year at a time without the distraction to ever have to go through this again."
"I want to thank all of our wonderful fans for their support," Weiner additionally says in a statement about the new deal. "I also want to thank AMC and Lionsgate for agreeing to support the artistic freedom of myself, the cast and the crew so that we can continue to make the show exactly as we have from the beginning. I'm excited to get started on the next chapter of our story."
Although Weiner's new deal ties him to the show for three seasons, the cast have not signed yet for a seventh season so the show is only officially renewed for season five and six for this time being. However, Weiner has ensured the seventh season will indeed happen.
It was previously reported that Weiner could not agree with AMC over the network's plan to cut 2 minutes from each episode's running time in favor of more commercials and to eliminate two regular cast members to save money.
Later, the network announced that "Mad Men" will indeed return for season five although it would only arrive in March 2012 instead of July as planned before.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?