Creator Says 'Mad Men' Will End in Season 7
"Mad Men" will likely not last longer than seven seasons. After some tough negotiations, Matthew Weiner has finally signed a new 3-year deal with AMC/Lionsgate to work on the drama series, and he hints it will also be the end of the show.
"These will be the last 3 seasons", Weiner tells Deadline. "I'm going to take it one year at a time without the distraction to ever have to go through this again."
"I want to thank all of our wonderful fans for their support," Weiner additionally says in a statement about the new deal. "I also want to thank AMC and Lionsgate for agreeing to support the artistic freedom of myself, the cast and the crew so that we can continue to make the show exactly as we have from the beginning. I'm excited to get started on the next chapter of our story."
Although Weiner's new deal ties him to the show for three seasons, the cast have not signed yet for a seventh season so the show is only officially renewed for season five and six for this time being. However, Weiner has ensured the seventh season will indeed happen.
It was previously reported that Weiner could not agree with AMC over the network's plan to cut 2 minutes from each episode's running time in favor of more commercials and to eliminate two regular cast members to save money.
Later, the network announced that "Mad Men" will indeed return for season five although it would only arrive in March 2012 instead of July as planned before.
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday