Betty White to Prank Young People in 'Off Their Rockers'
At 89 years old, Betty White is not stopping at "Hot in Cleveland" and guest star appearances only. NBC has struck a deal with the senior actress to star in "Off Their Rockers", a 12 episode hidden-camera comedy that follows seven senior citizens pranking unsuspecting younger people.
"Betty White is a comedic genius who escalates hilarity in any situation," said Paul Telegdy, NBC's executive vice president, alternative programming, in a statement. "Viewers will thoroughly enjoy watching her pull one over on the unsuspecting youth of America."
White herself takes the project to heart. "People have been telling me that I'm 'Off My Rocker' for years - now I can prove it," she said. Not only White would be the host but also the producer. The show, which is based on a Belgian program called "Benidorm Bastards", has no air date yet.
This marks the umpteenth time White works with NBC. She was one of the Golden Girls for seven seasons and she earned an Emmy for hosting "Saturday Night Live" recently.
More Betty White News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance