Betty White to Prank Young People in 'Off Their Rockers'
At 89 years old, Betty White is not stopping at "Hot in Cleveland" and guest star appearances only. NBC has struck a deal with the senior actress to star in "Off Their Rockers", a 12 episode hidden-camera comedy that follows seven senior citizens pranking unsuspecting younger people.
"Betty White is a comedic genius who escalates hilarity in any situation," said Paul Telegdy, NBC's executive vice president, alternative programming, in a statement. "Viewers will thoroughly enjoy watching her pull one over on the unsuspecting youth of America."
White herself takes the project to heart. "People have been telling me that I'm 'Off My Rocker' for years - now I can prove it," she said. Not only White would be the host but also the producer. The show, which is based on a Belgian program called "Benidorm Bastards", has no air date yet.
This marks the umpteenth time White works with NBC. She was one of the Golden Girls for seven seasons and she earned an Emmy for hosting "Saturday Night Live" recently.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'