Betty White to Prank Young People in 'Off Their Rockers'
At 89 years old, Betty White is not stopping at "Hot in Cleveland" and guest star appearances only. NBC has struck a deal with the senior actress to star in "Off Their Rockers", a 12 episode hidden-camera comedy that follows seven senior citizens pranking unsuspecting younger people.
"Betty White is a comedic genius who escalates hilarity in any situation," said Paul Telegdy, NBC's executive vice president, alternative programming, in a statement. "Viewers will thoroughly enjoy watching her pull one over on the unsuspecting youth of America."
White herself takes the project to heart. "People have been telling me that I'm 'Off My Rocker' for years - now I can prove it," she said. Not only White would be the host but also the producer. The show, which is based on a Belgian program called "Benidorm Bastards", has no air date yet.
This marks the umpteenth time White works with NBC. She was one of the Golden Girls for seven seasons and she earned an Emmy for hosting "Saturday Night Live" recently.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion