Betty White to Prank Young People in 'Off Their Rockers'
At 89 years old, Betty White is not stopping at "Hot in Cleveland" and guest star appearances only. NBC has struck a deal with the senior actress to star in "Off Their Rockers", a 12 episode hidden-camera comedy that follows seven senior citizens pranking unsuspecting younger people.
"Betty White is a comedic genius who escalates hilarity in any situation," said Paul Telegdy, NBC's executive vice president, alternative programming, in a statement. "Viewers will thoroughly enjoy watching her pull one over on the unsuspecting youth of America."
White herself takes the project to heart. "People have been telling me that I'm 'Off My Rocker' for years - now I can prove it," she said. Not only White would be the host but also the producer. The show, which is based on a Belgian program called "Benidorm Bastards", has no air date yet.
This marks the umpteenth time White works with NBC. She was one of the Golden Girls for seven seasons and she earned an Emmy for hosting "Saturday Night Live" recently.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen