'E.T.' Music Video: Katy Perry and Kanye West Are Alien Buddies
Katy Perry and Kanye West go sci-fi in a music video for their joint track "E.T." The wife of Russell Brand transforms from an extraterrestrial creature to an otherworldly goddess with braided hair and colorful make-up while floating through the space. Meanwhile, the G.O.O.D Music rapper is dressed casually in jeans, T-shirt and leather jacket as he raps his verses inside an orb-like flying object.
Talking about getting her make-up done, Katy told MTV, "It was, like, five and six hours, each makeup look." She undergoes three different looks of her alien character. One sees her in red-blue-and-white make-up with an all-white ensemble, another has her in flaming-red look with a matching get-up, and the other features her wearing a gold breastplate.
"It was hard for me! It was really a patience thing for me on this video," she said of the challenge in going through the extensive makeup process. "But, you know, it's like when you're doing a film. Sometimes you have to do prosthetics, and you have to get really old or turn into an animal or a monster - and that's kind of what this process was."
"E.T." is taken from Katy Perry's 2010 summer effort "Teenage Dream". The song actually is a solo track, but she adds Kanye West's verses to the radio's version. The revamped tune is currently sitting at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100.
More Katy Perry News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked