'E.T.' Music Video: Katy Perry and Kanye West Are Alien Buddies
Katy Perry and Kanye West go sci-fi in a music video for their joint track "E.T." The wife of Russell Brand transforms from an extraterrestrial creature to an otherworldly goddess with braided hair and colorful make-up while floating through the space. Meanwhile, the G.O.O.D Music rapper is dressed casually in jeans, T-shirt and leather jacket as he raps his verses inside an orb-like flying object.
Talking about getting her make-up done, Katy told MTV, "It was, like, five and six hours, each makeup look." She undergoes three different looks of her alien character. One sees her in red-blue-and-white make-up with an all-white ensemble, another has her in flaming-red look with a matching get-up, and the other features her wearing a gold breastplate.
"It was hard for me! It was really a patience thing for me on this video," she said of the challenge in going through the extensive makeup process. "But, you know, it's like when you're doing a film. Sometimes you have to do prosthetics, and you have to get really old or turn into an animal or a monster - and that's kind of what this process was."
"E.T." is taken from Katy Perry's 2010 summer effort "Teenage Dream". The song actually is a solo track, but she adds Kanye West's verses to the radio's version. The revamped tune is currently sitting at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100.
Katy Perry's "E.T." feat. Kanye West music video
More Katy Perry News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018