Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher to Figure Out 'What Would Kenny Do?'
Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher are going to join forces, not for "Punk'd" reboot as rumored before, but for a big screen project. The two are reported to star in "What Would Kenny Do?", a comedy which is being set up at Sony with Kutcher's Katalyst Entertainment and Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment producing.
If Bieber indeed signs up for the project, he will portray a 17-year-old who meets a hologram claiming to be the adult version of himself. Kutcher is said to portray the hologram, who then helps guide the teen through high school. Los Angeles Times says Bieber is on board for it, while the "Valentine's Day" actor's involvement sounds less certain.
First scripted by Chris Baldi, "Kenny" has been rewritten by Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber. A new writer and director are currently being sought for the movie, which was originally projected to be shot this year. Bieber's touring schedule, however, could push the production to 2012.
Justin Bieber's documentary "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" was well received, debuting on number two at box office on its first weekend. His real acting, however, was seen on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" where he guest starred in several episodes before his character was killed off in February.
Ashton Kutcher was last seen in "No Strings Attached" in which he starred opposite Natalie Portman. He also joins star-studded romantic comedy "New Year's Eve" which comes from "Valentine's Day" helmer Garry Marshall.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'