Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher to Figure Out 'What Would Kenny Do?'
Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher are going to join forces, not for "Punk'd" reboot as rumored before, but for a big screen project. The two are reported to star in "What Would Kenny Do?", a comedy which is being set up at Sony with Kutcher's Katalyst Entertainment and Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment producing.
If Bieber indeed signs up for the project, he will portray a 17-year-old who meets a hologram claiming to be the adult version of himself. Kutcher is said to portray the hologram, who then helps guide the teen through high school. Los Angeles Times says Bieber is on board for it, while the "Valentine's Day" actor's involvement sounds less certain.
First scripted by Chris Baldi, "Kenny" has been rewritten by Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber. A new writer and director are currently being sought for the movie, which was originally projected to be shot this year. Bieber's touring schedule, however, could push the production to 2012.
Justin Bieber's documentary "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" was well received, debuting on number two at box office on its first weekend. His real acting, however, was seen on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" where he guest starred in several episodes before his character was killed off in February.
Ashton Kutcher was last seen in "No Strings Attached" in which he starred opposite Natalie Portman. He also joins star-studded romantic comedy "New Year's Eve" which comes from "Valentine's Day" helmer Garry Marshall.
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'