Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling Might Star in 'Tales from the Gangster Squad'
Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling are allegedly up to star in "Tales from the Gangster Squad". Deadline reported that Warner Bros. Studio has officially offered Penn a significant role of criminal Mickey Cohen, and proposed Gosling to play one of two police officers who try to catch him.
A former boxer, Cohen is a charismatic figure who carouses around town with a gorgeous girl on his arm, and often with his attractive etiquette coach at his side. However, he can turn into a harmful person when his mood is darken.
Based on articles by Paul Lieberman, "Tales from the Gangster Squad" follows a special squad of Los Angeles police officers, named the Gangster Squad, who keep East Coast Mafia out of the city. The squad's effort of shooing the mobsters away lasted through the 1950s.
Penn won 2008 Academy Award for Best Actor and bagged other awards for his role in "Milk". In 2010, he starred as spy and diplomat Joseph Wilson in "Fair Game". The 50-year-old actor will be seen in "The Tree of Life".
Meanwhile, Gosling was named Best Actor nominee at 2010 Golden Globe Awards for his role in "Blue Valentine". He is currently filming "The Ides of March" with George Clooney, and will be seen in "Crazy, Stupid, Love."
In "Tales from the Gangster Squad", "Zombieland" director Ruben Fleischer serves behind the lens. Dan Lin and Kevin McCormick serve as the producers, while Will Beall writes the script for the upcoming film, which is planned to hit theaters in 2012.
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'