Richard Blais Wins 'Top Chef All-Stars'
On Wednesday, March 30 finale of "Top Chef All-Stars", the remaining two contestants prepared the best meal of their lives. The final challenge was to create the restaurant of their dreams with a four-course tasting menu.
Richard Blais and Mike Isabella got to be assisted by eliminated chefs in the kitchen. The former had Spike, Angelo and Antonia on his team while the latter got Tiffani, Jamie and Carla. Richard decided to call his restaurant Tongue in Cheek while Mike preferred to call his simply Izz.
Mike created a dish made from beets for his first course, and followed it up with steamed halibut with kumquat, pork shoulder with pepperoni sauce and a flan. Richard amused the judges with hamachi and sweetbreads, black cod and pork belly, beef short rib and foie gras ice cream.
When the judges deliberated, the first and second course went to Richard, while the third went to Mike. The dessert became the determining point but it was apparent that Richard would win because during the tasting, judge Art Smith said about Mike's flan, "I don't like the way it feels in my mouth."
As a winner, Richard earned $200,000 prize and the Top Chef title. "I didn't think I could do this, I willed this," he said after Padma Lakshmi's announcement. Meanwhile, Mike did not take the loss lightly, saying "To come in second is tough. I felt like I beat him. I just didn't get the prize."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal