Colin Farrell Spills on Involvement in Elizabeth Taylor's Funeral
Colin Farrell has indeed struck up an unlikely friendship with Elizabeth Taylor. The "Miami Vice" hunk was one of the few outsiders attending the screen legend's private funeral last Thursday, March 24, where he recited Gerard Manley Hopkin's poem "The Leaden Echo and the Golden Echo".
To Access Hollywood, the "Horrible Bosses" actor revealed it was the "Cleopatra" actress' request for him to read the material. "She asked someone else to ask me [to read it]," he spilled. Saying he felt "sad and honored" for the part, he also shared, "Elizabeth chose it. It was a tricky poem as well. Even in passing she had me under the thumb, sweating bricks."
Asked how they get to know each other, the 34-year-old actor replied, "How did we become friends? You know, the old story of boy meets girl, the boy pesters girl with too many phone calls at inappropriate hours of the night." He added, "I was just lucky enough to become her friend in the last year and a half. I adore her...still."
Elizabeth Taylor passed away in Los Angeles in the early hours of Wednesday, March 23. She died of congestive heart failure at the age of 79. The Hollywood icon was laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California last Thursday in a private Jewish ceremony, which started about 15 minutes after the announced start time at her request.
More Colin Farrell News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof