Britney Spears' 'GMA' Performances Slammed by Critics
After her "Good Morning America" concert was aired to celebrate the U.S. release of her new album "Femme Fatale", Britney Spears got slammed by music critics. She was criticized for delivering lip-sync performances and not dancing well enough.
Associate Director of Charts, Billboard Keith Caulfield said, "You expect her to dance ferociously because one can say, well you're lip syncing and when you're lip syncing, we expect you to dance. But now if she's not dancing that vigorously and she's also lip syncing, you can't do both of the same time. Give us one of the others."
Britney performed three songs during the March 29 airing. She performed the first single "Hold It Against Me", the second one "Till the World Ends" and will.i.am-produced "Big Fat Bass". After the performances, she told audience that she's going to tour with Enrique Iglesias, only to get denied by the "Hero" hitmaker's camp later on.
In related news to Britney, Carson Daly blasted her management for requesting him to hand over his pre-taped interview with the singer to them to get edited. "F THAT," he wrote on Twitter. "Even when I interview Michael Jackson, it wasn't anything like this...it's really insane."
This might become another negative publicity for the pop singer despite her full-throttle promotion. But Carson pointed out that Britney "probably doesn't even know" about this issue. "Jst shocked her mgmt won't allow her to do a normal interview," he posted. "It has nothing to do w her. Just her ppl."
Britney got slammed:
"Hold It Against Me":
"Till the World Ends":
More Britney Spears News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd