Lindsay Lohan Cleared of Rehab Battery Charges
Lindsay Lohan has one less legal trouble off her sleeve. The Riverside County District Attorney has decided on Tuesday, March 29 not to pursue a possible assault charge against the "Machete" actress for the altercation she had with Dawn Holland, a worker at the Betty Ford clinic, back in December last year.
To People magazine, District Attorney spokesman John Hall explained that they are not filing any charges due to "insufficient evidence". The representative added, "It wasn't looked at any differently than other cases, and we didn't put any special priority on this. We also had to re-interview subsequent times several witnesses in the case."
Lindsay was accused of roughing up Dawn on December 12 when she did her rehab stint at the Betty Ford Center. According to the Palm Desert Police Department, the actress attacked the staffer after she was caught sneaking back in to the clinic after her curfew and asked to submit to a drug and alcohol test. Dawn has since been fired from her job at the clinic for talking to the press.
Dawn later dropped her criminal complaint against Lindsay. Her lawyer, Keith Davidson, told TMZ, "A crime has quite simply not been committed by Ms Lohan... Dawn will not continue to press charges against Lindsay, nor will she be assisting any further in the investigation or prosecution. [She won't] in any way shape or form to do anything that would violate Lindsay's probation or cause an arrest."
Although Lindsay has avoided the battery charges, she is still dealing with another legal problem. The "Mean Girls" actress will face a preliminary hearing on a felony grand theft charge on April 22. She was earlier accused of stealing $2,500 necklace from a Venice, California jewelery store.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics