Lindsay Lohan Cleared of Rehab Battery Charges
Lindsay Lohan has one less legal trouble off her sleeve. The Riverside County District Attorney has decided on Tuesday, March 29 not to pursue a possible assault charge against the "Machete" actress for the altercation she had with Dawn Holland, a worker at the Betty Ford clinic, back in December last year.
To People magazine, District Attorney spokesman John Hall explained that they are not filing any charges due to "insufficient evidence". The representative added, "It wasn't looked at any differently than other cases, and we didn't put any special priority on this. We also had to re-interview subsequent times several witnesses in the case."
Lindsay was accused of roughing up Dawn on December 12 when she did her rehab stint at the Betty Ford Center. According to the Palm Desert Police Department, the actress attacked the staffer after she was caught sneaking back in to the clinic after her curfew and asked to submit to a drug and alcohol test. Dawn has since been fired from her job at the clinic for talking to the press.
Dawn later dropped her criminal complaint against Lindsay. Her lawyer, Keith Davidson, told TMZ, "A crime has quite simply not been committed by Ms Lohan... Dawn will not continue to press charges against Lindsay, nor will she be assisting any further in the investigation or prosecution. [She won't] in any way shape or form to do anything that would violate Lindsay's probation or cause an arrest."
Although Lindsay has avoided the battery charges, she is still dealing with another legal problem. The "Mean Girls" actress will face a preliminary hearing on a felony grand theft charge on April 22. She was earlier accused of stealing $2,500 necklace from a Venice, California jewelery store.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival