Hawkeye's Cameo in 'Thor' Described
Jeremy Renner is cast as Hawkeye in "The Avengers", but he will be seen prior to the 2012 film. It has been revealed that Hawkeye will appear as a cameo in "Thor" and his scene has been previewed during the movie presentation at CinemaCon.
The scene, as detailed by Cinema Blend, features [SPOILER ALERT!] Renner's Hawkeye working with Agent Coulson who is portrayed by Clark Gregg. Hawkeye has multiple lines, and he is seen using his famous bow and arrow.
Coming Soon, who also saw the footage, described his costume as follows: "Hawkeye's costume is going to be very similar to the Ultimates version of the character." His leather outfit has the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo emblazoned on it to show his government allegiances. His precision bow is also much like the Ultimates Hawkeye has.
The "Thor" footage itself opens with an extended scene of Thor having an argument with Odin in Asgard. Odin lifts up Thor's hammer Mjolnir and states, "Whomever holds the hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." At the end of the scene, Odin takes Thor's power away and sends him to Earth where he is found by Jane Foster on the desert.
A new scene screened at CinemaCon is the one which shows several people trying to pull Mjolnir out of the ground. Thor learns his hammer's location via one of the locals and he heads to the location with Jane. As he arrives there, the location has been taken over by S.H.I.E.L.D. who have built a makeshift glass complex around the embedded hammer.
Thor sneaks into the complex and takes on a bunch of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, and that is when Coulsen is seen giving an order to Clint Barton aka Hawkeye. After fighting his way through many men, Thor finally gets to the hammer in the ground and he tries to pull it out and fails. The footage ends with the scientists looking at a children's picture book on Norse mythology featuring a similar-looking hammer, and realizing that their guest (Thor) is a lot more than a strange homeless man wandering in the desert.
"Thor" has Chris Hemsworth taking the titular role. Natalie Portman is cast as female lead Jane Foster. Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hiddleston are among other cast members of the Kenneth Branagh-directed movie that will be dropped in theaters Stateside on May 6.
More Thor News
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa