New 'Green Lantern' Trailer to Be Released With 'Thor'
Fresh "Green Lantern" trailer will be unveiled in front of "Thor". Los Angeles Times reports that Warner Bros. Studio has planned to premiere the upcoming movie's second trailer with "Thor" which will be released on May 6.
Speaking during CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Sue Kroll, the studio's worldwide marketing president, believed people will give a better reaction than they did for the first trailer. She said, "Part of the reason the response to the first trailer was lukewarm was that the big-scale sequences weren't ready to show, and we suffered for it. We can't afford to do that again."
Also addressing the November trailer is Jeff Robinov, Warner Bros. Motion Picture group president. He claims to the publication that the studio learned on aligning its production and marketing schedules for 3D films to increase people's interest. "We won't be in this position again," so he said. "We are on a learning curve in getting 3D materials and marketing materials on the same schedule. [Advertising for 'Green Lantern'] has been delayed strictly from production."
The movie adapted from D.C. Comics revolves around Hal Jordan, an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. As a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the universe, the fate of Earth lies in Hal's hands.
"Green Lantern" stars include Ryan Reynolds, who plays the main role, Mark Strong, Peter Sarsgaard, and Blake Lively. Directed by Martin Campbell, the film is scheduled to grace theaters across the United States on June 17.
More Green Lantern News
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'