'Madagascar' Penguins to Get Spin-Off
"Madagascar" penguins will have their own movie. After they stole the spotlight in the 2005 animated film and had their own TV series, "The Penguins of Madagascar", the four paramilitary penguins reportedly will appear in a spin-off feature based on the DreamWorks Animation series' popular penguins.
The Hollywood Reporter has reported that the untitled film will tell the story about the Antarctican penguins, Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico. "Megamind" screenwriters Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons have been chosen to pen the project. However, no director has been chosen to helm the film, and release date is yet to be set.
Although they are secondary in the "Madagascar" films, the flightless birds have won fans' heart and beaten their character-mates, including the main role Alex the Lion (whose voice cast was Ben Stiller). The avians have also got their own short film, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper", as part of the original movie's Blu-ray extras.
Meanwhile, "Madagascar 3", the third installment of the "Madagascar" film series, will come out in theaters nationwide on June 8, 2012. Directed by Eric Darnell, the new comedy film will follow the animals as they travel to Europe as part of a traveling circus. The voice cast include David Schwimmer, Chris Rock, and Jada Pinkett Smith.
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure