'Madagascar' Penguins to Get Spin-Off
"Madagascar" penguins will have their own movie. After they stole the spotlight in the 2005 animated film and had their own TV series, "The Penguins of Madagascar", the four paramilitary penguins reportedly will appear in a spin-off feature based on the DreamWorks Animation series' popular penguins.
The Hollywood Reporter has reported that the untitled film will tell the story about the Antarctican penguins, Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico. "Megamind" screenwriters Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons have been chosen to pen the project. However, no director has been chosen to helm the film, and release date is yet to be set.
Although they are secondary in the "Madagascar" films, the flightless birds have won fans' heart and beaten their character-mates, including the main role Alex the Lion (whose voice cast was Ben Stiller). The avians have also got their own short film, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper", as part of the original movie's Blu-ray extras.
Meanwhile, "Madagascar 3", the third installment of the "Madagascar" film series, will come out in theaters nationwide on June 8, 2012. Directed by Eric Darnell, the new comedy film will follow the animals as they travel to Europe as part of a traveling circus. The voice cast include David Schwimmer, Chris Rock, and Jada Pinkett Smith.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent