'Madagascar' Penguins to Get Spin-Off
"Madagascar" penguins will have their own movie. After they stole the spotlight in the 2005 animated film and had their own TV series, "The Penguins of Madagascar", the four paramilitary penguins reportedly will appear in a spin-off feature based on the DreamWorks Animation series' popular penguins.
The Hollywood Reporter has reported that the untitled film will tell the story about the Antarctican penguins, Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico. "Megamind" screenwriters Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons have been chosen to pen the project. However, no director has been chosen to helm the film, and release date is yet to be set.
Although they are secondary in the "Madagascar" films, the flightless birds have won fans' heart and beaten their character-mates, including the main role Alex the Lion (whose voice cast was Ben Stiller). The avians have also got their own short film, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper", as part of the original movie's Blu-ray extras.
Meanwhile, "Madagascar 3", the third installment of the "Madagascar" film series, will come out in theaters nationwide on June 8, 2012. Directed by Eric Darnell, the new comedy film will follow the animals as they travel to Europe as part of a traveling circus. The voice cast include David Schwimmer, Chris Rock, and Jada Pinkett Smith.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group