'Madagascar' Penguins to Get Spin-Off
"Madagascar" penguins will have their own movie. After they stole the spotlight in the 2005 animated film and had their own TV series, "The Penguins of Madagascar", the four paramilitary penguins reportedly will appear in a spin-off feature based on the DreamWorks Animation series' popular penguins.
The Hollywood Reporter has reported that the untitled film will tell the story about the Antarctican penguins, Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico. "Megamind" screenwriters Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons have been chosen to pen the project. However, no director has been chosen to helm the film, and release date is yet to be set.
Although they are secondary in the "Madagascar" films, the flightless birds have won fans' heart and beaten their character-mates, including the main role Alex the Lion (whose voice cast was Ben Stiller). The avians have also got their own short film, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper", as part of the original movie's Blu-ray extras.
Meanwhile, "Madagascar 3", the third installment of the "Madagascar" film series, will come out in theaters nationwide on June 8, 2012. Directed by Eric Darnell, the new comedy film will follow the animals as they travel to Europe as part of a traveling circus. The voice cast include David Schwimmer, Chris Rock, and Jada Pinkett Smith.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video