Warner Bros. to Reboot Batman After 'Dark Knight Rises' With Nolan Again
It seems that Batman will not be absent too long from big screen after Christopher Nolan ends his trilogy with "The Dark Knight Rises". Although the helmer has declared the upcoming movie will be his last Batman film, Warner Bros. has planned to reboot the franchise.
"We have the third Batman, but then we'll have to reinvent Batman," the studio's executive Jeff Robinov tells Los Angeles Times. And Nolan will still be very much involved in the project as the soon-to-be WB president adds, "Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is."
To the site, Robinov also says a new Justice League script is in the works and the movie is tentatively planned to come out in 2013. In addition, he reveals Flash and Wonder Woman are getting their scripts written, and could be spun off into their own movies after Justice League.
Speaking further about Wonder Woman, Robinov denies a television pilot for NBC about the female crime-fighter will cause an impasse to the feature film project. "Wonder Woman could be a film as well, the same way that 'Superman Returns' came out while 'Smallville' was on," he claims.
The third Batman film from Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight Rises" is expected to start production this summer for July 20, 2012 release date in the U.S. Christian Bale will reprise his role as Bruce Wayne, while Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy are cast as Selina Kyle and Bane respectively.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns