Hailee Steinfeld to Star in 'Sleeping Beauty'
Hailee Steinfeld is attached to star in "Sleeping Beauty". Although missing a role in "The Hunger Games", the "True Grit" actress has allegedly been chosen to play the title role in the fairy tale-adapted movie.
Deadline reported that the script, written by Lindsay Devlin, will focus on Aurora's point of view. Instead of waiting for a prince's kiss after she was cursed by a witch in the original, the princess will reportedly enter the dream world and try to figure her way out in the revision plot.
Meanwhile, there is already another "Sleeping Beauty" project entitled "Maleficent" which is being developed by Disney. To be directed by Tim Burton and scripted by Linda Woolverton, the film will share the story about the original "Sleeping Beauty" from the witch's point of view. Angelina Jolie will allegedly play the title role in the movie.
Steinfeld shot to fame after playing Mattie Ross in 2010 film "True Grit". Her role led her to a dozen of awards, including 2010 Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film (Leading Young Actress) and 2010 Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Young Performer.
The 14-year-old beauty, who started her acting career at the age of eight, was also named Best Supporting Actress nominee at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards. She is scheduled to star in an novel-adapted forthcoming film "Forgotten" as well.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video