Hailee Steinfeld to Star in 'Sleeping Beauty'
Hailee Steinfeld is attached to star in "Sleeping Beauty". Although missing a role in "The Hunger Games", the "True Grit" actress has allegedly been chosen to play the title role in the fairy tale-adapted movie.
Deadline reported that the script, written by Lindsay Devlin, will focus on Aurora's point of view. Instead of waiting for a prince's kiss after she was cursed by a witch in the original, the princess will reportedly enter the dream world and try to figure her way out in the revision plot.
Meanwhile, there is already another "Sleeping Beauty" project entitled "Maleficent" which is being developed by Disney. To be directed by Tim Burton and scripted by Linda Woolverton, the film will share the story about the original "Sleeping Beauty" from the witch's point of view. Angelina Jolie will allegedly play the title role in the movie.
Steinfeld shot to fame after playing Mattie Ross in 2010 film "True Grit". Her role led her to a dozen of awards, including 2010 Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film (Leading Young Actress) and 2010 Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Young Performer.
The 14-year-old beauty, who started her acting career at the age of eight, was also named Best Supporting Actress nominee at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards. She is scheduled to star in an novel-adapted forthcoming film "Forgotten" as well.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army