Enrique Iglesias Sorry for Pulling Out of Britney's Tour Hours After Announcement
During a March 29 episode of "Good Morning America", Britney Spears announced she's going on a tour with Enrique Iglesias this summer. His representative dismissed the news hours later, clarifying that the "Hero" hitmaker won't hit the road with Britney "despite initial reports based on formal discussions of the possible run."
It seems that the announcement was made too early since Billboard reported the talks hadn't been done deal when Britney revealed the planned joint gig. Although the official statement from Enrique's camp didn't specify details of the dead-end negotiation, the publication suggested the initial plan was that he would serve as an opening act, but carry full production throughout the tour.
Enrique himself is currently on his own tour to promote his latest studio album "Euphoria". Although he's unable to go on a tour with the "Circus" singer, he "has great respect for Britney and is a longtime fan of her work." In a further statement, the rep added, "He is very sorry for the confusion this might have caused to anyone."
Beside losing Enrique as her opening act, Britney who is expected to hit the road starting this June has also canceled her scheduled appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". "@TheEllenShow has been postponed due to scheduling conflicts on both ends. Trying to put it back together for a later date," her manager Adam Leber tweeted.
Her other TV appearances to promote her new album "Femme Fatale" will air as scheduled. She recently taped "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" with "Jackass" crew. "Just did my first @jackassworld stunt with Knoxville and company. Knoxville better watch his back," she shared.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics