Enrique Iglesias Sorry for Pulling Out of Britney's Tour Hours After Announcement
During a March 29 episode of "Good Morning America", Britney Spears announced she's going on a tour with Enrique Iglesias this summer. His representative dismissed the news hours later, clarifying that the "Hero" hitmaker won't hit the road with Britney "despite initial reports based on formal discussions of the possible run."
It seems that the announcement was made too early since Billboard reported the talks hadn't been done deal when Britney revealed the planned joint gig. Although the official statement from Enrique's camp didn't specify details of the dead-end negotiation, the publication suggested the initial plan was that he would serve as an opening act, but carry full production throughout the tour.
Enrique himself is currently on his own tour to promote his latest studio album "Euphoria". Although he's unable to go on a tour with the "Circus" singer, he "has great respect for Britney and is a longtime fan of her work." In a further statement, the rep added, "He is very sorry for the confusion this might have caused to anyone."
Beside losing Enrique as her opening act, Britney who is expected to hit the road starting this June has also canceled her scheduled appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". "@TheEllenShow has been postponed due to scheduling conflicts on both ends. Trying to put it back together for a later date," her manager Adam Leber tweeted.
Her other TV appearances to promote her new album "Femme Fatale" will air as scheduled. She recently taped "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" with "Jackass" crew. "Just did my first @jackassworld stunt with Knoxville and company. Knoxville better watch his back," she shared.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers