Rebecca Black to Topple Justin Bieber for Most-Disliked Video on YouTube
Both Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber went through similar path in rising to stardom by becoming online sensation. The former gained her fame via her critically-panned "Friday" viral clip, while the latter got a lot of fans through his much-praised music videos including "Baby" clip.
Since her music got negative reviews, it's not surprising that Black scored as many as 1.1 million "dislikes" out of 60 million views on YouTube. She collected the number less than a month after dropping the video on the web. This puts her as one of the strong contenders for the "most-disliked video" on the video-sharing website.
Last year, Bieber reportedly was the one who got the title with over 1 million "dislikes", despite the fact he also got the most-watched video. Now the "Baby" video, which has been watched by 500 million people, has moved to only 1.1 million "dislikes". Thus, it will pass the "honor" if the "Friday" clip continues to rapidly gain the "thumb-downs".
Black herself keeps her head high despite the criticisms. In her recent message to The Sun, she hit back at the haters, "You think you are bringing me down and making me not want to do this any more. But you're making me stronger and want to do it even more."
She's ready to show what she's capable of in a debut album. "Here I am in a studio working on my debut album. I'm going to prove you wrong. Just like Friday, the new songs are pretty catchy," the teenager gushed.
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday