Official: Beyonce Knowles Is No Longer Managed by Her Father
Beyonce Knowles has parted ways with her manager father, Mathew, "on a business level." Concerning that matter, the former member of Destiny's Child said in a statement, "He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me."
Beyonce, along with Michelle Williams (II) and Kelly Rowland, had been managed by her dad since her debut in Destiny's Child in late 1990s and throughout her career as a solo artist. "I grew up watching both he and my mother manage and own their own businesses. They were hard-working entrepreneurs and I will continue to follow in their footsteps," she added.
Rumor suggesting Beyonce and Mathew cut their management ties has emerged since 2010. It was reported that Beyonce fired her dad, but her label quickly denied it. They "have had and continue to have a close personal and business relationship," it was said back then.
In the same year, Michelle also ended her professional relationship with Mathew, following the footsteps of Kelly who had parted ways with him in 2009. Despite rumor that they had feud with him, Michelle and Kelly insisted they split with him on a good term.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris