First Look at Caesar in 'Rise of the Apes' Unraveled
Over at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, 20th Century Fox gives away a new sneak peek at "Rise of the Apes". The studio unveils the first look at Caesar in the "Planet of the Apes" prequel through a calendar filled with images from their upcoming projects.
Beside a picture from "Rise of the Apes", there are also some brand new photos from Fox's other movies like "We Bought a Zoo", "The Sitter" and "The Descendants". Coming Soon has snapped images from the calendar and posted them on its site.
Caesar, an intelligent chimpanzee that will provoke the revolt against human, is portrayed by Andy Serkis. This character as well as other apes in the movie are rendered by WETA, so it was announced before.
James Franco also stars in the film as young scientist Will Rodman who becomes a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes after he makes a breakthrough while studying the development of intelligence in apes. John Lithgow, Freida Pinto and Tom Felton are cast in the action sci-fi movie as well.
Directed by Rupert Wyatt, "Rise of the Apes" is set in present-day San Francisco. It was initially set for June 24 release in the U.S. and was moved back to November 23, before it is given a new summer release date on August 5.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance