Will Ferrell Hints He Joins 'The Office' as Regular
Will Ferrell may be boss on "The Office" for good. The comedian who is hired to play the replacement of Steve Carell's Michael Scott has said his multi-episode arc will be "a regular, full-time gig."
"Yes, I'm taking over," he states when asked about a rumor that he's going to be Carell's permanent and full-time replacement. One source close to "The Other Guys" star affirms the statement, saying that Ferrell's schedule is being cleared to accommodate the show, which will enter its eighth season in September.
However, another source from Ferrell's camp doubts that the actor will join the show next fall. An "Office" production source also dismisses the idea, saying "Will was likely joking, but time will tell."
Back in January, cast member Rainn Wilson told Entertainment Weekly that Ferrell is likely not joining "The Office" as a regular because he gets a lot more from making movie. "Will is coming in as a possible boss but everyone knows he is not going to stay because he makes $20 million a film," he reasoned. "He's got other fish to fry."
Will Ferrell will appear for the first time on "The Office" in the April 14 episode. Steve Carell, meanwhile, will leave the show on April 28.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked