Will Ferrell Hints He Joins 'The Office' as Regular
Will Ferrell may be boss on "The Office" for good. The comedian who is hired to play the replacement of Steve Carell's Michael Scott has said his multi-episode arc will be "a regular, full-time gig."
"Yes, I'm taking over," he states when asked about a rumor that he's going to be Carell's permanent and full-time replacement. One source close to "The Other Guys" star affirms the statement, saying that Ferrell's schedule is being cleared to accommodate the show, which will enter its eighth season in September.
However, another source from Ferrell's camp doubts that the actor will join the show next fall. An "Office" production source also dismisses the idea, saying "Will was likely joking, but time will tell."
Back in January, cast member Rainn Wilson told Entertainment Weekly that Ferrell is likely not joining "The Office" as a regular because he gets a lot more from making movie. "Will is coming in as a possible boss but everyone knows he is not going to stay because he makes $20 million a film," he reasoned. "He's got other fish to fry."
Will Ferrell will appear for the first time on "The Office" in the April 14 episode. Steve Carell, meanwhile, will leave the show on April 28.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!