Artist of the Week: Lupe Fiasco
Back in 2007 and 2008, Lupe Fiasco had the very intention to quit the music industry, saying there's so much more in life that he would like to do. He planned to record the third studio album, initially title "LupEND", as the goodbye gift for his fans. Yet, when the record came out under the title "Lasers" on March 8 this year, fans were buying his work like they want no end of his music.
Fronted by the single "The Show Goes On", "Lasers" debuted with 204,000 copies in the first week of sale. The number, although the biggest in his career to date, was not something that the rapper pursues. In an interview with EW before the release, he said he didn't "really give a f**k" in terms of sale. It has become a public knowledge that his feud with label Atlantic has caused the album's delay and the loss of "Nothin' on You", which later became a smash hit for B.o.B.
Fiasco is just hoping for easier years in his remaining period under Atlantic. He's coming out for a 16-date tour in the U.S. beginning March 27 at the L.A. Convention Center. As a productive artist, Fiasco has also prepared a fourth album, "Food and Liquor 2", which is not a sequel to his 2006 effort. "It's a harder album - the beats are way harder. It's not about being progressive. It's not about making music, which is weird [to say]. It's 'let's make some really hard-ass songs," he told MTV.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri