2011 Junos: Justin Bieber Grabbed Two, Drake Received None
Justin Bieber grabbed his first-ever trophies at Juno Awards on Sunday, March 27 night in Toronto, Canada. He predictably won the Fan Choice Award, which is the only category determined by ordinary fans, and Pop Album of the Year for "My World 2.0".
Bieber failed to show up at the ceremony due to his tour in Europe. However, he did send a video message in which he said, "I want to thank everybody so much for believing in me. Most of all, I want to thank my mom for raising me in Canada. I want to thank my dad, I want to thank my little brother and sister, because, you know, they're so cute and just so lovable. I love everybody, my grandma and grandpa. You guys are amazing. Go Leafs go."
Bieber could have gone home with three but he lost to Neil Young in the category of Artist of the Year. The veteran rocker said on his acceptance speech, "Justin Bieber, what can you say? I mean, this guy's sensational. And the other artists are all wonderful. ...I was 16 one time. He's fantastic. He's got some moves, doesn't he?" Neil also won Adult Alternative Album of the Year.
However, Bieber and Neil were not the biggest winner of the night for Arcade Fire continued their Grammy triumph with four Juno statuettes. The group fronted by Win Butler grabbed Best group, Best Album for "The Suburbs", Best Songwriter for "Ready to Start," "We Used to Wait" and " Sprawl II" as well as non-televised Best Alternative Album.
The Sunday night gala also saw the induction of Shania Twain to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. Meanwhile, Drake who hosted the show went home empty-handed despite coming with six nominations.
Winners list can be found at JunoAwards.ca.
More Justin Bieber News
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes