'Child's Play' Remake to Come in 2012
MGM is moving forward with their plan to revive evil toy Chucky on big screen. Words are, the studio has planned to release the untitled Child's Play remake in 2012 and is gearing up to start the production later this year.
The project has been in development for several years, but it faced a big obstacle as MGM and Universal fought over the rights issues. MGM has the rights to the original "Child's Play", while Universal retained rights to the sequels. Now, a deal has been struck between the two studios, MovieWeb reports.
Don Mancini has reportedly written a script for the reboot project and Brad Dourif is allegedly set to return as the voice of Chucky. The story, meanwhile, is said to have a darker tone and less comedic elements. No word on who will direct the new installment of the horror thriller franchise.
First "Child's Play" movie was released in 1988 and was followed up with four sequels: "Child's Play 2", "Child's Play 3", "Bride of Chucky", and "Seed of Chucky".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked