'Child's Play' Remake to Come in 2012
MGM is moving forward with their plan to revive evil toy Chucky on big screen. Words are, the studio has planned to release the untitled Child's Play remake in 2012 and is gearing up to start the production later this year.
The project has been in development for several years, but it faced a big obstacle as MGM and Universal fought over the rights issues. MGM has the rights to the original "Child's Play", while Universal retained rights to the sequels. Now, a deal has been struck between the two studios, MovieWeb reports.
Don Mancini has reportedly written a script for the reboot project and Brad Dourif is allegedly set to return as the voice of Chucky. The story, meanwhile, is said to have a darker tone and less comedic elements. No word on who will direct the new installment of the horror thriller franchise.
First "Child's Play" movie was released in 1988 and was followed up with four sequels: "Child's Play 2", "Child's Play 3", "Bride of Chucky", and "Seed of Chucky".
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary