'Child's Play' Remake to Come in 2012
MGM is moving forward with their plan to revive evil toy Chucky on big screen. Words are, the studio has planned to release the untitled Child's Play remake in 2012 and is gearing up to start the production later this year.
The project has been in development for several years, but it faced a big obstacle as MGM and Universal fought over the rights issues. MGM has the rights to the original "Child's Play", while Universal retained rights to the sequels. Now, a deal has been struck between the two studios, MovieWeb reports.
Don Mancini has reportedly written a script for the reboot project and Brad Dourif is allegedly set to return as the voice of Chucky. The story, meanwhile, is said to have a darker tone and less comedic elements. No word on who will direct the new installment of the horror thriller franchise.
First "Child's Play" movie was released in 1988 and was followed up with four sequels: "Child's Play 2", "Child's Play 3", "Bride of Chucky", and "Seed of Chucky".
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'