'Child's Play' Remake to Come in 2012
MGM is moving forward with their plan to revive evil toy Chucky on big screen. Words are, the studio has planned to release the untitled Child's Play remake in 2012 and is gearing up to start the production later this year.
The project has been in development for several years, but it faced a big obstacle as MGM and Universal fought over the rights issues. MGM has the rights to the original "Child's Play", while Universal retained rights to the sequels. Now, a deal has been struck between the two studios, MovieWeb reports.
Don Mancini has reportedly written a script for the reboot project and Brad Dourif is allegedly set to return as the voice of Chucky. The story, meanwhile, is said to have a darker tone and less comedic elements. No word on who will direct the new installment of the horror thriller franchise.
First "Child's Play" movie was released in 1988 and was followed up with four sequels: "Child's Play 2", "Child's Play 3", "Bride of Chucky", and "Seed of Chucky".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media