Rebecca Black Gets Music Manager and Debuts on Billboard Hot 100
Rebecca Black is ready to make her debut on major label. The YouTube sensation has got Debra Baum from DB Entertainment as her music manager. They are now focusing on getting the teen into studio "very soon" to start recording material. The "Friday" hitmaker is eying to release a full-length studio album to show what she is really capable of. "She is unbelievable," Baum said.
Rumor had it, Black was connected to Braum via Ryan Seacrest after the "American Idol" host had a chat with her on his morning radio show. But Baum brushed it off to E! Online, "It was actually Tony Novia who made many recommendations to Rebecca and her parents about me as a manager. It was not Ryan. Tony is an executive who works for Ryan's company."
Since making its way out two weeks ago, "Friday" has been viewed by over 30 million people on YouTube. A week later, it made its debut on iTunes Top 100 at No. 69, and has been steadily climbing the chart ever since. Now, the viral hit is sitting at No. 23 on the digital songs chart.
On top of that, the single enters at No. 72 on Billboard Hot 100 this week. According to Nielsen SoundScan, it has sold around 37,000, thanks to her national TV appearances on "Good Morning America" and "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". She might also owe it to such big stars as Simon Cowell and Lady GaGa who gave her career boost by showing their support.
In an interview with MTV, Black responded to GaGa calling her a "genius". "I freaked out," she said. "I'm 13 and I never thought Lady GaGa would even know my name. I'm the kind of girl that dances to Lady GaGa with a hairbrush in her room at night."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'