Chris Brown Parted Ways With Rep, 'GMA' Incident Not to Be Blamed
Just days after he threw a hissy fit following a Rihanna-related interview on "Good Morning America", it has been unraveled that Chris Brown has parted ways with his publicist Tammy Brook. The timing of the departure has led to speculation that it might be related to the meltdown, but both sides pushed aside the idea.
Offering clarification on the situation, a source close to the "I Can Transform Ya" singer, as quoted by E! News, insisted that Tammy's abrupt exit had "nothing to do with GMA." The insider additionally explained, "The GMA gig was booked via [Brown's record company] Jive," and stressed, "Tammy wasn't even present."
Tammy herself has released a statement to the press regarding her departure. She said, "I am an entertainment/music publicist and was hired as a publicist, as they often are, to work specifically on his music publicity for the term up to the release of Chris Brown's 'F.A.M.E.' album, which was released on Tuesday March 22 and is entering the Billboard and iTunes charts at number 1 this week."
Having said that she was strictly hired to handle musical matters, the publicist further added in her statement, "I love and support Chris and it has been an honor to be a part of this album and I look forward to the possibility of working with him again in the future."
Chris was reported going ballistic after being questioned about his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna on "Good Morning America" last Tuesday, March 22. After performing his "Yeah 3x", the 21-year-old singer allegedly stormed off stage to his dressing room, screamed loudly and smashed a window.
Since then, the "Deuces" hitmaker has offered his apology. In a transcript of his live appearance on BET's 106 & Park obtained by ABC News, he was quoted as saying, "First of all, I want to apologize to anybody who was startled in the office, or anybody who was offended or really looked, and [was] disappointed at my actions, because I'm disappointed in the way I acted."
More Chris Brown News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes