Selena Gomez to Front Disney Version of 'Punk'd'
Selena Gomez is following her rumored boyfriend Justin Bieber's footsteps to prank people. While the 17-year-old Canadian singer does it just for fun, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" cutie will do it as her next job. It is reported that Gomez has signed up to star in a new reality show for Disney Channel which is similar in fashion to MTV's "Punk'd".
"Selena shot the pilot and it's basically like Ashton Kutcher's old show, Punk'd, but with the Disney kids," a source close to the 18-year-old star tells Hollywood Life via Zap2it. "Selena was having a ton of fun with it. She's a goof ball at heart."
Disney has yet to confirm the news but Zoo Productions, who helps creating the show, says that they couldn't talk about it at this time.
Interestingly, in mid-2010 there have been reports that Justin Bieber would host "Punk'd" reboot. Confirming the possibility, Ashton Kutcher said earlier this year, "I really can't talk about it because everything's sort of in process. It's a possibility that it could be happening. I will not be hosting the show in the future."
It is still unclear whether Selena Gomez-fronted prank show is the same project that was linked to Bieber. The "A Year Without Rain" songstress will end her "Wizards of Waverly Place"-starring gig for Disney with the fourth season.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage