Selena Gomez to Front Disney Version of 'Punk'd'
Selena Gomez is following her rumored boyfriend Justin Bieber's footsteps to prank people. While the 17-year-old Canadian singer does it just for fun, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" cutie will do it as her next job. It is reported that Gomez has signed up to star in a new reality show for Disney Channel which is similar in fashion to MTV's "Punk'd".
"Selena shot the pilot and it's basically like Ashton Kutcher's old show, Punk'd, but with the Disney kids," a source close to the 18-year-old star tells Hollywood Life via Zap2it. "Selena was having a ton of fun with it. She's a goof ball at heart."
Disney has yet to confirm the news but Zoo Productions, who helps creating the show, says that they couldn't talk about it at this time.
Interestingly, in mid-2010 there have been reports that Justin Bieber would host "Punk'd" reboot. Confirming the possibility, Ashton Kutcher said earlier this year, "I really can't talk about it because everything's sort of in process. It's a possibility that it could be happening. I will not be hosting the show in the future."
It is still unclear whether Selena Gomez-fronted prank show is the same project that was linked to Bieber. The "A Year Without Rain" songstress will end her "Wizards of Waverly Place"-starring gig for Disney with the fourth season.
More Selena Gomez News
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo