Selena Gomez to Front Disney Version of 'Punk'd'
Selena Gomez is following her rumored boyfriend Justin Bieber's footsteps to prank people. While the 17-year-old Canadian singer does it just for fun, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" cutie will do it as her next job. It is reported that Gomez has signed up to star in a new reality show for Disney Channel which is similar in fashion to MTV's "Punk'd".
"Selena shot the pilot and it's basically like Ashton Kutcher's old show, Punk'd, but with the Disney kids," a source close to the 18-year-old star tells Hollywood Life via Zap2it. "Selena was having a ton of fun with it. She's a goof ball at heart."
Disney has yet to confirm the news but Zoo Productions, who helps creating the show, says that they couldn't talk about it at this time.
Interestingly, in mid-2010 there have been reports that Justin Bieber would host "Punk'd" reboot. Confirming the possibility, Ashton Kutcher said earlier this year, "I really can't talk about it because everything's sort of in process. It's a possibility that it could be happening. I will not be hosting the show in the future."
It is still unclear whether Selena Gomez-fronted prank show is the same project that was linked to Bieber. The "A Year Without Rain" songstress will end her "Wizards of Waverly Place"-starring gig for Disney with the fourth season.
More Selena Gomez News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016