Lars von Trier's Next Movie Could Be About Woman's Erotic Birth
Lars von Trier is not running out of controversial ideas yet for his movie. The Danish filmmaker, who gained outraged reactions for his 2009 Cannes entry "Antichrist", has told Screen Daily (via Slash Film) that he plans to make "a film about a woman's erotic birth, a woman who discovers her eroticism." He says, "The working title is 'The Nymphomaniac'."
von Trier additionally reveals that he actually has two projects in mind, but is advised that, for funding purposes, "The Nymphomaniac" is the easier sell. "I had two titles that I put to my business partner Peter Aalbaek Jensen. One was 'The Nymphomaniac', the other was 'Dirt in Bedsores'. I asked him which one he thought was the most commercial. He said that with a title like 'The Nymphomaniac', the film would already be financed," the 55-year-old helmer says as quoted by the site.
There is no further detail offered for von Trier's alleged next directed project. He is now waiting for the release of "Melancholia" which stars Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Alexander Skarsgard, Kiefer Sutherland. The film centers on two sisters and their differing reactions to the impending doom of the planet Earth.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance