Lars von Trier's Next Movie Could Be About Woman's Erotic Birth
Lars von Trier is not running out of controversial ideas yet for his movie. The Danish filmmaker, who gained outraged reactions for his 2009 Cannes entry "Antichrist", has told Screen Daily (via Slash Film) that he plans to make "a film about a woman's erotic birth, a woman who discovers her eroticism." He says, "The working title is 'The Nymphomaniac'."
von Trier additionally reveals that he actually has two projects in mind, but is advised that, for funding purposes, "The Nymphomaniac" is the easier sell. "I had two titles that I put to my business partner Peter Aalbaek Jensen. One was 'The Nymphomaniac', the other was 'Dirt in Bedsores'. I asked him which one he thought was the most commercial. He said that with a title like 'The Nymphomaniac', the film would already be financed," the 55-year-old helmer says as quoted by the site.
There is no further detail offered for von Trier's alleged next directed project. He is now waiting for the release of "Melancholia" which stars Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Alexander Skarsgard, Kiefer Sutherland. The film centers on two sisters and their differing reactions to the impending doom of the planet Earth.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard