Lars von Trier's Next Movie Could Be About Woman's Erotic Birth
Lars von Trier is not running out of controversial ideas yet for his movie. The Danish filmmaker, who gained outraged reactions for his 2009 Cannes entry "Antichrist", has told Screen Daily (via Slash Film) that he plans to make "a film about a woman's erotic birth, a woman who discovers her eroticism." He says, "The working title is 'The Nymphomaniac'."
von Trier additionally reveals that he actually has two projects in mind, but is advised that, for funding purposes, "The Nymphomaniac" is the easier sell. "I had two titles that I put to my business partner Peter Aalbaek Jensen. One was 'The Nymphomaniac', the other was 'Dirt in Bedsores'. I asked him which one he thought was the most commercial. He said that with a title like 'The Nymphomaniac', the film would already be financed," the 55-year-old helmer says as quoted by the site.
There is no further detail offered for von Trier's alleged next directed project. He is now waiting for the release of "Melancholia" which stars Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Alexander Skarsgard, Kiefer Sutherland. The film centers on two sisters and their differing reactions to the impending doom of the planet Earth.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic