No Love Interest for Captain Kirk in 'Star Trek' Sequel
Chris Pine has denied rumor that he was posting a message about untitled Star Trek sequel. After words emerged that the "Unstoppable" actor gushed on his Facebook page that his role of Captain Kirk is getting a "love interest" in the upcoming movie, Pine has his representative pour cold water to the speculation, insisting that the actor did not write the message since he does not have a Facebook account.
The rep claims that the Facebook page in question is not official. The publicist says that the Bo Barrett of "Bottle Shock" does not sign up for Twitter or any other social networking websites, despite the fact that there are a number of Facebook "fan pages" that use his name.
In addition, the actor's publicist confirms to TrekMovie that no actors in the new "Star Trek" movie have received a sequel script drafts. In relation to that, Simon Pegg has revealed that he and Pine failed to obtain any spoilers from producer Brian Burk.
Roberto Orci, the co-writer of the anticipated film, hints that the draft is not finished yet. Addressing the rumor, Orci comments, "Wish it was true that he had read a great script so we wouldn't have to finish it!"
Previously, Pine was reported taking to his social networking site to post the new alleged film's spoiler. On the fake page, the message read, "After a thousand questions regarding the Star Trek sequel I can finally say I am holding the draft script in my hand. I can also now tell you I have a love interest and it's all looking very exciting. Sorry but I cant give you a date for filming yet, but you guys are going to love it!"
The 2009 "Star Trek" follow-up is scheduled to come out in theaters across the nation on June 29, 2012. J.J. Abrams, who served behind the lens for the first film, is apparently expected to return to his directing job, although he has not confirmed it yet.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says