Elizabeth Taylor Late to Her Own Funeral
Elizabeth Taylor was late to her own funeral, it has been uncovered. The two-time Academy Award winner was laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California on Thursday, March 24, but the private Jewish ceremony got delayed for about 15 minutes after the announced start time at her request.
In a statement, publicist Sally Morrison confirmed that the Hollywood icon, whose casket was draped with gardenias, violets, and lily of the valley for the service, has left instructions in which she requested that her funeral started late. "She even wanted to be late for her own funeral," so the representative announced.
Attended by family and friends, Liz's funeral service lasted for around one hour and was conducted by Rabbi Jerry Cutler. It began with a recitation of Gerard Manley Hopkins' poem "The Leaden Echo and the Golden Echo" by actor Colin Farrell and family members. During the service, her grandson Rhys Tivey also performed a trumpet solo of "Amazing Grace".
The Westboro Baptist Church had earlier threatened to picket the funeral, but appeared to be caught off guard by the speed of the service. Still, Glendale Police Department was asked to assist with the security in anticipation of the protesters and in consideration of the close proximity of an elementary school.
In honor of Tony nominee Liz, Broadway's theater marquees will be dimmed for one minute at exactly 8 P.M. on Friday, March 25. Chairman of The Broadway League and Executive Vice President of Jujamcyn Theaters Paul Libin said, "With her remarkable talent and extraordinary beauty, Elizabeth Taylor lit up the Broadway stage the same way she lit up the silver screen."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child