'The Amazing Spider-Man' Sequel Already in the Works With Scribe
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has not finished shooting yet, but Columbia Pictures has begun working on the sequel. The Hollywood Reporter reports the studio has hired James Vanderbilt to write the script for the upcoming installment of the web-slinger after the studio execs gave a thumbs up for his take.
Vanderbilt has written for "The Amazing Spider-Man" which is currently in production under the direction of Marc Webb. He was previously tapped to work on "Spider-Man 4" when Sam Raimi was still expected to continue the series for Columbia with Tobey Maguire as the superhero depicter, before the project collapsed.
The "Spider-Man" reboot has Andrew Garfield playing Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, with Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans and Irrfan Khan rounding up the cast. The movie will head into theaters across the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special