'The Amazing Spider-Man' Sequel Already in the Works With Scribe
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has not finished shooting yet, but Columbia Pictures has begun working on the sequel. The Hollywood Reporter reports the studio has hired James Vanderbilt to write the script for the upcoming installment of the web-slinger after the studio execs gave a thumbs up for his take.
Vanderbilt has written for "The Amazing Spider-Man" which is currently in production under the direction of Marc Webb. He was previously tapped to work on "Spider-Man 4" when Sam Raimi was still expected to continue the series for Columbia with Tobey Maguire as the superhero depicter, before the project collapsed.
The "Spider-Man" reboot has Andrew Garfield playing Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, with Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans and Irrfan Khan rounding up the cast. The movie will head into theaters across the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt