'The Amazing Spider-Man' Sequel Already in the Works With Scribe
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has not finished shooting yet, but Columbia Pictures has begun working on the sequel. The Hollywood Reporter reports the studio has hired James Vanderbilt to write the script for the upcoming installment of the web-slinger after the studio execs gave a thumbs up for his take.
Vanderbilt has written for "The Amazing Spider-Man" which is currently in production under the direction of Marc Webb. He was previously tapped to work on "Spider-Man 4" when Sam Raimi was still expected to continue the series for Columbia with Tobey Maguire as the superhero depicter, before the project collapsed.
The "Spider-Man" reboot has Andrew Garfield playing Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, with Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans and Irrfan Khan rounding up the cast. The movie will head into theaters across the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia