Career Blamed for Bradley Cooper's Split From Renee Zellweger
What may have caused the break-up between Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger? A source close to the star of "The Hangover" has shot down speculation there is another woman involved, and told the new issue of Us Weekly that the actor's career was more likely to play a part in the couple's split.
"If I had to pick any possible mistress it would be Brad's career. He worked really hard to get into leading man status," the inside source spilled. "Renee had to take a backseat. She traveled with him to make it work." A source close to the 41-year-old actress added that at first, she was willing to step into the supporting role and even moved to Los Angeles.
"She's accomplished a lot of her professional goals. So Renee took some time out to be a great girlfriend and see if this is what it took to make a relationship work," added the insider added. The effort, however, couldn't keep them together. The insider shared, "She stopped fighting. It was just not working out."
Bradley first met Renee six years ago on the set of their thriller "Case 39". They didn't get involved romantically until summer of 2009. In February 2011, speculation there might be trouble in paradise arose when the two attended a pre-Oscar party but didn't hang out together. Most recently, People magazine reported that the two have called it quits.
More Bradley Cooper News
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos