Career Blamed for Bradley Cooper's Split From Renee Zellweger
What may have caused the break-up between Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger? A source close to the star of "The Hangover" has shot down speculation there is another woman involved, and told the new issue of Us Weekly that the actor's career was more likely to play a part in the couple's split.
"If I had to pick any possible mistress it would be Brad's career. He worked really hard to get into leading man status," the inside source spilled. "Renee had to take a backseat. She traveled with him to make it work." A source close to the 41-year-old actress added that at first, she was willing to step into the supporting role and even moved to Los Angeles.
"She's accomplished a lot of her professional goals. So Renee took some time out to be a great girlfriend and see if this is what it took to make a relationship work," added the insider added. The effort, however, couldn't keep them together. The insider shared, "She stopped fighting. It was just not working out."
Bradley first met Renee six years ago on the set of their thriller "Case 39". They didn't get involved romantically until summer of 2009. In February 2011, speculation there might be trouble in paradise arose when the two attended a pre-Oscar party but didn't hang out together. Most recently, People magazine reported that the two have called it quits.
More Bradley Cooper News
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series