Chris Brown Expresses Regret Over 'GMA' Tantrum
Chris Brown apparently hid his regret for his behavior at the "Good Morning America" studio behind his smile. ABC News has brought up the report that the "I Can Transform Ya" singer has apologized for storming off the set of the show and allegedly smashing a window in his dressing room after being questioned about his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna.
"First of all, I want to apologize to anybody who was startled in the office, or anybody who was offended or really looked, and [was] disappointed at my actions," said the 21-year-old singer as quoted in a transcript of his live appearance on BET's 106 & Park, which was obtained by ABC News, "because I'm disappointed in the way I acted."
The "Deuces" hitmaker assured that no one backstage was hurt, and he only had to release the anger he had inside of him. He added, "And I apologize for acting like that." He also admitted to get "very emotional" after he was caught off guard by the questions because he believed the interview would focus on his new album.
"I felt like, 'OK, they told us this just so they can get us on the show so they can exploit me.' You know, that's what I thought," he recalled. "I kind of took it very, very hard. And I kept my composure throughout the interview, although you could see me upset, you know. I kept my composure and did my performances, and when I got back, I just let off, like, steam in the back."
On Wednesday, March 23, just a day after the incident, Chris was invited to come back on "GMA". Robin Roberts, who conducted the Tuesday interview, said on ABC's morning show, "I wish him the absolute best. We extended the invitation to him [to come back], and sure hope he takes us up on it because I'd sure love to have another chat with him."
Robin has also noted that Chris was aware of the questions. "Any time we have a guest, we let them know ahead of time the subject matter and the topics," she said. "And even right before the interview I let him know. I was shocked like everyone else, because we've had a wonderful relationship. I've been to his home, he's very gracious, and we've had easy conversation."
More Chris Brown News
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit