Official Plot of 'Clash of the Titans 2' Released
Plot of "Untitled Clash of the Titans Sequel" has been released. After announcing the release date of the forthcoming film, Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have shared its official plot on Wednesday, March 23.
Some original cast of "Clash of the Titans" are back for the follow-up. Sam Worthington will reprise his role as Perseus, Liam Neeson will return as Zeus, and Ralph Fiennes will play Hades once again. However, Gemma Arterton possibly will not return to star as Io because her name is not mentioned in the released plot. She is allegedly committed to "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" which will be shot in Germany.
The official storyline says, a decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus, the demigod son of Zeus, is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius.
Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades and Poseidon (Danny Huston). The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld.
Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus' godly son, Ares (Edgar Ramirez), switch loyalty and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans' strength grows stronger as Zeus' remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth.
Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon's demigod son, Argenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.
"Clash of the Titans 2", which has been referred to as "Wrath of the Titans", is directed by Jonathan Liebesman and has started shooting this week. The movie is set for spring release, on March 30, 2012 to be exact, almost two years after the first film's release on April 2, 2010.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked