Zach Galifianakis to Co-Create Comedy Show for HBO
Zach Galifianakis has scored a first-look deal with HBO. He is set to write and produce a pilot presentation for the premium cable network, teaming up with Mike Gibbons. According to Deadline, comedian Brody Stevens will star in the show and Galifianakis is expected to appear too.
The mockumentary-style comedy will revolve around Stevens, who stars as himself, and chronicle one day in the life of the former amateur baseball player. Described as a cross between George Plimpton and "Mr. Baseball" Bob Uecker, Stevens who began doing standup in the mid-1990s has been friends with Galifianakis for 10 years.
Zach Galifianakis currently stars on HBO's comedy series "Bored to Death". Brody Stevens, meanwhile, once landed a small role in "The Hangover" in which Galifianakis starred as one of the main characters.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video