Zach Galifianakis to Co-Create Comedy Show for HBO
Zach Galifianakis has scored a first-look deal with HBO. He is set to write and produce a pilot presentation for the premium cable network, teaming up with Mike Gibbons. According to Deadline, comedian Brody Stevens will star in the show and Galifianakis is expected to appear too.
The mockumentary-style comedy will revolve around Stevens, who stars as himself, and chronicle one day in the life of the former amateur baseball player. Described as a cross between George Plimpton and "Mr. Baseball" Bob Uecker, Stevens who began doing standup in the mid-1990s has been friends with Galifianakis for 10 years.
Zach Galifianakis currently stars on HBO's comedy series "Bored to Death". Brody Stevens, meanwhile, once landed a small role in "The Hangover" in which Galifianakis starred as one of the main characters.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences