Zach Galifianakis to Co-Create Comedy Show for HBO
Zach Galifianakis has scored a first-look deal with HBO. He is set to write and produce a pilot presentation for the premium cable network, teaming up with Mike Gibbons. According to Deadline, comedian Brody Stevens will star in the show and Galifianakis is expected to appear too.
The mockumentary-style comedy will revolve around Stevens, who stars as himself, and chronicle one day in the life of the former amateur baseball player. Described as a cross between George Plimpton and "Mr. Baseball" Bob Uecker, Stevens who began doing standup in the mid-1990s has been friends with Galifianakis for 10 years.
Zach Galifianakis currently stars on HBO's comedy series "Bored to Death". Brody Stevens, meanwhile, once landed a small role in "The Hangover" in which Galifianakis starred as one of the main characters.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set