Zach Galifianakis to Co-Create Comedy Show for HBO
Zach Galifianakis has scored a first-look deal with HBO. He is set to write and produce a pilot presentation for the premium cable network, teaming up with Mike Gibbons. According to Deadline, comedian Brody Stevens will star in the show and Galifianakis is expected to appear too.
The mockumentary-style comedy will revolve around Stevens, who stars as himself, and chronicle one day in the life of the former amateur baseball player. Described as a cross between George Plimpton and "Mr. Baseball" Bob Uecker, Stevens who began doing standup in the mid-1990s has been friends with Galifianakis for 10 years.
Zach Galifianakis currently stars on HBO's comedy series "Bored to Death". Brody Stevens, meanwhile, once landed a small role in "The Hangover" in which Galifianakis starred as one of the main characters.
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer