'Top Chef All-Stars' Final Two Revealed
"Top Chef All-Stars" is near to crowning the winner, but first the three finalists need to be wilted down to two. Richard Blais from season 4 was the first to be sent to the final round, followed by sixth season contestant Mike Isabella. Antonia Lofaso of season 4 sadly had to end her journey, leaving the boys to compete in the kitchen next week.
The Wednesday, March 23 episode was kicked off with a Quickfire challenge where Antonia, Richard and Mike get to challenge each other to a Quickfire from past seasons. Antonia was to cook tag-team style with Carla, Richard got the one-hand challenge while Mike was assigned to no-utensils. Mike's pork shoulder with black beans won him $5,000 cash.
Next, Padma Lakshmi announced the challenge to get them a ticket to the final. The three chefs were to prepare meals for different judges. Michelle Bernstein wanted Mike to cook him fried chicken, gravy and biscuits. Wolfgang Puck ordered goulash, spaetzle and apple strudel from Richard. Masaharu Morimoto wanted Antonia to create sashimi-based Bento box for him.
Wolfgang favored Richard's goulash and sent him immediately to the finale. Meanwhile, Mike and Antonia had to prepare one bite for each judges in 45 minutes only. Antonia made seared grouper in coconut lobster broth with a yam, apple and dill pollen relish while Mike cooked tempura lobster over beef tartare with caramelized olives and Chimichurri sauce.
The judges generally favored Antonia's but since it was Tom Colicchio who makes the decision, Mike went to the final.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son