John McCain Portrayed by Ed Harris in 'Game Change'
HBO has found Julianne Moore's partner in "Game Change". Oscar nominee Ed Harris is tapped to play former presidential candidate John McCain in the TV film which follows McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, from his controversial selection of Palin (played by Moore) as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election.
Harris, who is not a Republican like McCain, played a presidential candidate in 1992's movie "Running Mates". Producers of "Game Change" have not yet revealed who will play Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, three other principals in the 2008 campaign.
The telefilm is based on the bestselling book of the same name by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. Jay Roach and Danny Strong who collaborated on HBO's Emmy-winning "Recount" have teamed up once again as director and scriptwriter respectively.
Shooting begins this Spring in Maryland. "This is good subject matter [politics] to be shooting in Maryland, in and around Baltimore. So, that works organically for the story," Len Amato, the president of HBO films said in an interview with Sun Friday.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die