John McCain Portrayed by Ed Harris in 'Game Change'
HBO has found Julianne Moore's partner in "Game Change". Oscar nominee Ed Harris is tapped to play former presidential candidate John McCain in the TV film which follows McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, from his controversial selection of Palin (played by Moore) as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election.
Harris, who is not a Republican like McCain, played a presidential candidate in 1992's movie "Running Mates". Producers of "Game Change" have not yet revealed who will play Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, three other principals in the 2008 campaign.
The telefilm is based on the bestselling book of the same name by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. Jay Roach and Danny Strong who collaborated on HBO's Emmy-winning "Recount" have teamed up once again as director and scriptwriter respectively.
Shooting begins this Spring in Maryland. "This is good subject matter [politics] to be shooting in Maryland, in and around Baltimore. So, that works organically for the story," Len Amato, the president of HBO films said in an interview with Sun Friday.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics