John McCain Portrayed by Ed Harris in 'Game Change'
HBO has found Julianne Moore's partner in "Game Change". Oscar nominee Ed Harris is tapped to play former presidential candidate John McCain in the TV film which follows McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, from his controversial selection of Palin (played by Moore) as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election.
Harris, who is not a Republican like McCain, played a presidential candidate in 1992's movie "Running Mates". Producers of "Game Change" have not yet revealed who will play Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, three other principals in the 2008 campaign.
The telefilm is based on the bestselling book of the same name by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. Jay Roach and Danny Strong who collaborated on HBO's Emmy-winning "Recount" have teamed up once again as director and scriptwriter respectively.
Shooting begins this Spring in Maryland. "This is good subject matter [politics] to be shooting in Maryland, in and around Baltimore. So, that works organically for the story," Len Amato, the president of HBO films said in an interview with Sun Friday.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered