John McCain Portrayed by Ed Harris in 'Game Change'
HBO has found Julianne Moore's partner in "Game Change". Oscar nominee Ed Harris is tapped to play former presidential candidate John McCain in the TV film which follows McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, from his controversial selection of Palin (played by Moore) as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election.
Harris, who is not a Republican like McCain, played a presidential candidate in 1992's movie "Running Mates". Producers of "Game Change" have not yet revealed who will play Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, three other principals in the 2008 campaign.
The telefilm is based on the bestselling book of the same name by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. Jay Roach and Danny Strong who collaborated on HBO's Emmy-winning "Recount" have teamed up once again as director and scriptwriter respectively.
Shooting begins this Spring in Maryland. "This is good subject matter [politics] to be shooting in Maryland, in and around Baltimore. So, that works organically for the story," Len Amato, the president of HBO films said in an interview with Sun Friday.
More Game Change News
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri